Thread: Russian SKS
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2019, 10:11 AM   #24
LineStretcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbed77 View Post
I have to agree with highpower 3006. It's your rifle, but I don't understand the desire to take a nice and perfectly functioning piece of history and add all that stuff to it, especially when you have a WASR that already does all those things better (those Tapco extended SKS magazines don't touch the reliability of Combloc AK mags) and isn't a historical piece. I'd let the SKS stay honest and appreciate it for what it is.

Fortunately, as you said, you still have the original parts and haven't permanently altered the rifle.

Not trying to give you a hard time, but when you put something like this out there, you are gonna get some honest reactions.

Your honesty is welcome, no need to apologize. SKS's are a dime a dozen around here so in my minds eye, the historical aspect won't come into play until much later down the road. When I went looking for one, I found a local dealer that had them but after I got mine, I found several others. It's kind of like buying what you think it s unique car only to suddenly have many of them pass you on the road.

Page generated in 0.02447 seconds with 8 queries