Thread: I'm in Love!
View Single Post
Old January 30, 2014, 12:31 PM   #1
ZVP

I'm in Love!

This year, I purchased a S&W Model 36 and a Nodel 10 HB and ;pve em!
I bought both with the intention of D/A shooting in mind and it's been a real battle to try and learn the style of shooting.
Both revolvers are all Steel and for .38 Special loads omly. The round is adequate for the chore however shooting skills need be learned! Poor pratice with a .44 Mag is ineffictive!
I am attempting to develope my skills to make these or any reolvers effective!
Forever, I have wanted both these revolvers but being a S/A fan, I kept buying the old S/A's instead. Both these reolvers were excellent deals and at the time I did have the cash and gravved em!
Both models carry well in belt holsters and the little Chief has a bobbed hammer (former owner) nd it is really fine for pocket carry.
The HB Model 10 is quite accurate and the extra heft of the barrel tames the .38 Special to almost nothing. The little Chief DOES kick a bit but nothing unruley.
Both make fine HD, Traik fubs and Plinkers. The .38 Special is more than good for defense against feral animals and 2 legged pests!
Simplicity and reliability were paramount when I made the purchases. S&W did a fine job of building the "perfect" revolver for me!
When in dabgerous country and/or more power is needed, I carry my Ruger Vaquero in ,357 Mag. Old havit and it just deels comfortable to me...
BPDave

Page generated in 0.02696 seconds with 8 queries