View Single Post
Old December 17, 2013, 01:36 AM   #17
JimmyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTT TL
I was talking about the Secret Service
Dude, I thought you were making a Shutzstaffel reference too. Be honest, when you hear someone mention SS, 8 out of 10 times its a Nazi reference. While Jim may have jumped to a conclusion, I don't think it was an unreasonable conclusion. Most people don't refer to the Secret Service as the SS.

Let's all take our happy pills, sing kumbaya, and discuss the merits of shoulder carry before we get too far into the weeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTT TL
Winter is great for longer coats that cover your waist. Why bother with a shoulder rig unless you are the SS?
Back to your original point. When carrying in an OWB holster with ONLY the coat covering the weapon, then I think it beats shoudler carry. If, however, you carry IWB with a shirt over your weapon, I think shoulder carry has the advantage of speed. Getting under 2 shirts uses the same motion as going under a jacket alone, but getting under a shirt for an IWB holster after sweeping the jacket, it adds complexity and room for mistake when drawing.

That said, I still don't shoulder carry. I see the benefit, but overall it just isn't for me.

Page generated in 0.03549 seconds with 8 queries