View Single Post
Old June 9, 2012, 10:37 AM   #74
newfrontier45

Sorry Bill, I didn't just fall off the turnip truck. No, I didn't undersell mine. The mistake was paying $200 for it. By the time I paid to fix it, I would've easily had more invested in it than I could've bought a nice one for. No sir, only a sucker would've paid me double for it. I was lucky to get $150 for it. Just like the guy you bought yours from was lucky. I'm not trying to pee in your cornflakes but you did post this whole project on the internet. You're gonna get opinions from all directions. Mine, after 25yrs of buying and selling guns as my primary interest and passion, is that you paid too much for it. As has been stated, the going prices of whole examples is irrelevant. If I walked into a shop and saw that sixgun sitting there, rusted and locked up, with a price tag of $350, I would shake my head and walk away. Was only six months ago that I paid as much for a mechanically perfect, uncut, unmodified, slightly freckled model 27.

Quote:
I have to respectfully disagree with you...
A respectful disagreement wouldn't be so riddled with condescension.

Quote:
But I know how you can replace your front sight on your 3.5 inch barrel triple lock so it looks just like it did before only on a shorter barrel.
Yes, I'm sure you know better than the finest revolversmith extant.

Quote:
...happy how it turned out with my restoring it.
Yes, that is the only important thing but that's not a restoration. Maybe if you don't know the difference, that explains this little disagreement.

I also hope you polished that thing with the sideplate in place.

Page generated in 0.03713 seconds with 8 queries