View Single Post
Old May 27, 2012, 11:42 AM   #12
Mike / Tx

I have just begun my adventure in casting for my 41. I purchased a Lee 6 banger years ago with that in mind but never got started on it. Then around the middle of year before last I decided that if I was going to feed the appetite of my 454 I had better get cranked up on it. I started doing research and gather up lead from where ever I could. The lead gathering part, so far, has been the hardest.

I got started pouring up the Lee 300's for the 454 and not long after getting my feet wet I dug around and found my 210gr 41 mold and fired up on it as well. Since then I have poured up several hundred of the Lee TL bullets and they shoot very well. There was just something lacking however. Then out of sheer coincidence I found a post on Castboolits which listed the MP 411 HG #258 Solid in stock, and then a group buy going for the MP 41 Mag. #258 (Keith). My bud jumped on the solid and I jumped on the list for the #258 which came with three sets of HP pins, sm, lg, and penta. I have to say that any of them are awesome shooters, and I am looking very much so for the chance to put one through the solid side of a feral hog.

What limited testing we have done has shown the hog will loose out big time. Here is the first group I shot with the solid at 50yds. It was rested and shot over my chrony. I blew the group due to having to move it over to keep from shooting the side completely out of my bucket trap. Still in all it ain't shabby even by my standards, bear in mind that "is" 6 shots,

Out at 100, it ain't much more than 4".

Right now I am on another group buy for the Light 41 which can be found here is interested,
Light .41 (411640)

I'm looking at it as a replacement for the old Remington 170gr SJHP which I LOVED to shoot. This one should be just as good or better and work out well for a light recoil deer/varmint load.

Page generated in 0.04252 seconds with 8 queries