Thread: Best brass
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2012, 02:23 AM   #7
Nate Shult

My dad has always been my mentor but we hunt in a shotgun only zone for deer with no other big game. He has given me every opportunity to duck, pheasant, and deer hunt. But this other gentleman has filled in the gap by helping me a lot with high powered rifles and also bowhunting. And I will always be extremely thankful for the use of his equipment. He works construction so he is extremely busy here in Minnesota right now and I don't quite know enough to attempt starting to reload by myself, and I don't wanna bug him while he's working 70 hours a week. He has free time in the fall and winter and that's when we're gonna hit it hard. As for target shooting right now.. factory ammo will have to do, but like you said it's easy to save the brass and use them for reloads.
Thank you for all of the advice I will definitely take all of it into consideration. I did get out tonight with some cheap Federal factory loads and after I got the scope mounted properly the gun was pretty much right on the nuts. I got it on target and shot a 1.04 inch group at 100. That was after 17 rounds through the barrel and in a little bit of wind so I'm hoping with some nice handloads I can shrink the group up a bit.

Page generated in 0.02941 seconds with 8 queries