View Single Post
Old August 6, 2020, 04:09 PM   #52
Don Fischer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBC View Post
How so? Leave. Retreat. Give up stuff. Let words slide by.

So far,violence can be avoided.

These days,if you go down,kicks to the head can be expected. I'm 68. I'm not going to play that game.

I will endure tremendous indignity to avoid violence. Maybe thats the difference between you and I.

Maybe if I trash talk your mother you have to fight.

I recognise I carry a deadly force instrument, I will find any way I can out of violence.

I've made it to 68 with never pulling a gun on anyone for any reason.

More than 10 years ago ,I was not armed. I was ignoring a fight till I saw a women punched. She went down and out. I gave the guy about three to the solar plexus and my best right to the temple.We mutually disengaged. I had long hair and a beard I did not want him to grab.I'm no martial artist.

It took a few minutes for his brain to bleed before he went out.He scored 7 misdemeanors,a felony,and a restraining order.

I'm too old for that now. My legs are damaged,I can't run. I can use Wisdom.

If violence upon me is inevitable,you tell me just how in the hell I know ahead of time if it will be fatal or cause me great harm?

Hindsight won't do.

The scenario is this. I have no choice. Shoot or take a beat down.

You tell me what meets your approval
I'm 74 and couldn't agree more. I was pretty tuff when I was even in my lte 40's, that was long ago! Driving 49 states and Canada most my life into every h*ll hole in the country taught me to avoid situations, I do that. I'm really don't want to have to shoot anyone but if I do I shoot till I'm sure your dead. If no one's around I then leave you to be found by someone else. I'm not rich and can't afford a court battle with some hoodlum that didn't die or his family that think's he was a boy scout. I firmly believe laws are made to protect criminals! I think the bottom line is none of us with out battlefield experience has a clue if we'll even pull the trigger until the time come's to do it. Killing another person is a pretty final thing!If you have an opinion just say it. Feel free to change your mind if the time to shoot ever come's!

BTW, if you get into a fight with me you can expect it's a gun fight, I'm an old man with an attitude!

Page generated in 0.03203 seconds with 8 queries