View Single Post
Old April 30, 2019, 10:54 AM   #26
Pahoo

I don't give it much thought

Quote:
What I’ve read a few times is that when people lay out a white sheet or shoot over snow and find what they believe to be unburned powder it is likely to actually be the particles that just don’t burn. This makes some sense to me when you look at the muzzle flash, that huge fireball, and wonder how and powder ejected would not catch and burn outside of the barrel. I guess the only way to know for sure, and it seems as though someone tried it, is to capture the ejected particles and see if it will burn.
This is true but not in all cases. You will always get ash and some degree of unburned powder that gets flushed out. I have done a "few" of these tests and got mixed results. The goal is to find your optimum load and still limit the amount of unburned powder. It happens and we can live with it. …..

I'm sure some of you remember the CVA-Electra. The design/goal was to burn as much powder inside the barrel by eliminating the primer pressures. In theory, it was good but in practice, not practical. ….

Be Safe !!

Page generated in 0.02206 seconds with 8 queries