View Single Post
Old February 14, 2014, 01:25 PM   #35
DeadMoneyDrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 AMP View Post
I love Justified. I think I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Dewey Crow.

The shotgun blast in the last episode was a bit much. People do sometimes get "thrown" from a gunshot. Backwards mostly, when it happens, but sometimes forward or in a random direction. Its not the energy of the bullet moving them its their own body's muscular "twitch/spasm" due, I'm told to a "short circuit" in the nervous system. It's supposedly very rare, but it apparently has been witnessed. NOT like TV/movies, flying a dozen feet though the air.

Generaly I think the gun use is pretty good, it is, after all a fictional drama, so I allow some leeway. I like the fact that sometimes things don't do what Hollywood always has them do, though sometimes they are the standard cliché.

Bet that one bad guy gets to try his 21 foot rule against Raylan, before the season ends. I'll put my money on the marshall.
On one of the DVDs for one of the earlier seasons of Justified, there is an extensive interview with the show's firearms advisor. The guy is a retired marshal and really knows his stuff. He does everything from advising the writers on firearm issues to training all of the actors in proper gun handling. Pretty interesting.

And +1 to Dewey Crowe being one of the best characters on that show. Right now people are looking at me funny since I'm sitting in a Subway and laughing to myself as I think about the episode where ole Dewey was running around in a panic because someone convinced him that his kidneys had been stolen and that he needed to pay a ransom to get them back.

"You mean I got FOUR kidneys? ?!?"

LOL.

Page generated in 0.02365 seconds with 8 queries