View Single Post
Old November 1, 2013, 08:10 AM   #54
Double Impact

OP here

I'm getting a lot of good posts.

However I do need to disagree with a couple of statements.

One being the DA/SA transition thing i really need to disagree for any experienced gun user in my mind should not be a problem at all.
When I went from carrying a 1911 to my p220 my biggest problem was trying not to ride the slide release with my thumb, because thats right where the safety is on a 1911. Even that only took one range trip to correct. And the trigger is very smooth so the difference is hardly even noticed after the first 100 rds ex specially when you don't think about it.

The next thing is the safety on a 1911 is one of those things that become so automatic I would not even think of it so forgetting that again in my mind you would need to be a novice with 1911's. And then it should only be a very short term issue.

The next thing a comment was made that SEALS, coast guard, FBI, NCIS etc use sigs this is true. Now the comment to that was made I think the reason the SEALS use sigs is because it is there secondary/backup weapon in part this is true and the rest of the comment was because it has a high capacity. This I need to entirely disagree with there are plenty of guns that hold a lot of rds so the elite groups are using sigs because they are very good dependable guns, not for the capacity. The us Marshal service in some branches use the p220 9rds, why because they work.

Page generated in 0.02834 seconds with 8 queries