View Single Post
Old May 21, 2010, 08:23 AM   #31
philster

I've disassembled the C9, polished the feed ramp (had some sort of black paint coating) and the face of the breech, started feeding some dummies through it, and made some observations about the magazine.

The feed lips at the top of the mag do appear to be off. Some adjustments appear to have improved the feed. I actually brought the rear together a little to force the back end of the rd down and provide a hair more clearance for the firing pin as the rd moves forward and the pin retracts. I then opened up the lips a little just behind the ball of the rd, and then bent the forward tangs along side the ball in just a little. All of these force the rds to sit more parallel to the top of the mag lips when fully loaded, and as they exit the mag they immediately start angling upwards. This has practically eliminated the rds coming out nose low and jamming into the bottom of the feed ramp.

I also polished the front upper edge of the follower, thinking that maybe it was binding on the inside of the magazine as it rises. After having disassembled the mag, I'd like to polish inside of the front rounded edge running the length of the mag, but I can't figure out what to use to get inside and do a good job. I had used the small felt wheel on my dremel at low RPM with their red polishing compound on the breech and feed ramp, but finished with a regular pencil eraser. Maybe some sort of eraser would be good for this too?

I'm still waiting on my Break-free CLP to arrive, and still need to figure out how to polish the inside of the mag along the rd nose. After that, I'll fully clean/lube/assemble, go to the range, and see what happens. I'm particularly interested in how the JHP rds will feed. I'll also practice using the push/pull grip method to avoid limp-wristing.

Page generated in 0.03025 seconds with 8 queries