View Single Post
Old September 16, 2009, 10:52 AM   #4
Huntergirl

Can't say right now I'm inclined to hunt there again. Problem is I do most of my hunting alone. I moved to this area 5yrs ago, and lost my hunting buddies to the great gasoline hike debacle. Just can't get 'em to come out this way, and I got too many animals at home to take with me down there. I will be taking 2 young hunters deer hunting Oct 2 in an area closer to town.
Oh yes, those wolves were beautiful, and FAST. I do not discount that fact. But I'd just as soon not run into them, and the thought of gutting an elk with a wolf pack nearby is a nervous situation for me. Usually takes me 6+ hours to gut, quarter and cart a good sized elk to my truck, depending on where I shoot it. Then pack with ice for the drive home.

As to younger wolves, I considered that many of the grizzly bear maulings in the lower 48, were with young males, less experienced with humans and procuring food.. The greater possibility for wolf attack on humans may exist with younger wolves as well. I don't know, but I aint testing my theory.

Last edited by Huntergirl; September 16, 2009 at 11:02 AM.

Page generated in 0.02620 seconds with 8 queries