View Single Post
Old August 5, 2009, 01:34 PM   #16
cracked91

Quote:
You used the word "firepower" in your post. This leads me to suspect that you have in your mind that a handgun has more likelihood of stopping a threat than it does have.
Not exactly. I am more referring to capacity than caliber. I want to be able to carry the same pistol everywhere. Hunting, camping, jogging, walking, to the mall, wal mart, etc.

While I believe any cartridge with powder behind it is going to stop 90% of attackers(human), I feel that CC is prep for a very unlikely, yet very possible scenario. An unlikely but possible scenario can be anything. Everything from a stray dog to multiple armed robbers. The only threats I would feel comfortable only having a 7 shot .380 for would be Single human threats and smaller animal threats.

I am liking the Glock 20 for my future CC. 15 shots of 10mm auto seems like it could do as much as you could ask of any handgun. I know some will think I am just paranoid, I will refer to it as "Prepared" which I believe is the main goal behind CC.

Though I know everybody has there carry method, preferences, and specific needs. My Pops CCs a Bersa Thunder .380 and that works just fine for him

Page generated in 0.03147 seconds with 8 queries