View Single Post
Old July 1, 2009, 09:15 AM   #6
PetahW

I'm sorry, I don't have a Colteer, to post pics of for you.

Under the Colteer single-shot, Numrich lists a "Colteer" schematic w/parts list, Item No. PDF0068B - you might consider calling their cust service to find out which "Colteer" the schematic is for, the SS or the auto.

If they don't have the one you want, I can only tell you how I solved those problems, in the past, on several different rifles.

[Need the piece that the stock screw goes into]

If you mean the metal stock estucheon, that the head of the stock screw bears against to tighten the stock against the barreled action, a decorative replacement can be made from a cut-off/de-primed, brass, cartridge casehead.
A .30-30 case seems to work the best for most rimfire stocks/screws.
A non-decorative estucheon can be made from a cold blued steel washer.

If you mean the stock screw's threaded anchor, usually dovetailed into a barrel bottom, I make another from a piece of keystock, then D/T it for the stock screw.
Failing that, the barrel bottom can either be directly blind drilled & tapped for the stock screw, or D/T'd for a small block that has a central hole D/T'd for the stock screw.

It's all hidden work, so IMO, it's the result that counts - a take-apart rifle that stays solidly together.

[the trigger spring.] I've found that I've generally been S.O.L., and either had to adapt one from some other rifle, or application - or fashion one of my own. Sorry.

Last edited by PetahW; July 1, 2009 at 09:26 AM.

Page generated in 0.03153 seconds with 8 queries