View Single Post
Old November 10, 2008, 11:09 PM   #34
scorpion_tyr

In my FNP .40 S&W I carry one in the chamber always. It has the de-cocking lever for added safety when chambering. I don't use the "safeties" on the few guns that I have with them. The reason I carry one in the chamber is because I have been in the situation where I used lethal force in self defense (wasn't a gun though... wasn't armed at the time). I've seen just how fast that situation can come up. Chambering a round can only take a second, but that might be a second too long and you might not have the use of both of your hands. The second reason I carry one in the chamber is because though the chance may be very small, it's still there, that you can experience a malfuntion while chambering the round. As long as you follow standard safety guidlines carrying one in the chamber is the best way in my opinion. In my home defense shotgun I do not keep one in the chamber. My reasoning for this is that the sound of a 12g pump racking one into the chamber is the best... and only warning an intruder will get in my home.

Page generated in 0.02615 seconds with 8 queries