View Single Post
Old September 10, 2012, 04:37 PM   #8
madhat

OP

The newer Ruger rifle line itself looks with materials and builds to fit all needs woods - composites - steel stainless or blued. All looks great but when you actually hold one and feel one at first it feels solid but as soon as you lift that bolt and have to wiggle it out of the bolt chamber that's not a good first impression! i put that hawkeye down and picked up another hawkeye stainless composite black, same solid feeling, i picked up the bolt and yet again a wiggle is needed to free the bolt and this one was factory brand new.

I then opened the steel floor plate a nice ruger logo was engraved into it, i released it to find a spring like device which is used to push bullets up into the action to be fed into the lung - barrel and you know the rest sadly this device was not appealing at all, not only was it flimsy feeling it was also difficult to get back into the gun. the metal sheet spring flaps easily come out of the internal magazine while trying to close the steel floor plate. i am no fan of this and i will not buy any rifles with this crude idiot device i prefer clips or a internal magazine which feeds into a secondary barrel below the actual barrel

The Ruger did have a good weight and depending on the version you choose it might be completely different experience but for me the Hawkeye M77 failed to impress

Page generated in 0.02351 seconds with 8 queries