View Single Post
Old June 1, 2000, 01:43 AM   #32
Rusty S

You can date me and my best friend by our belief that Sean Connery is the *real* James Bond. Where the friend and I split was 1) my dad had a Beretta mod 34 380 with that rococco look and 2) I read the Fleming book where they took 007's 25 away and made him carry a 32 ppk or a 38spl model 38 bodyguard. I never forgave 007 for throwing away a 38 for a measly 32. Fast forward... the friend gets the PPK 7.65. I, on the other hand make several trips into half a dozen gunshops, with money in my pocket, thinking this will be the time I go through and get one. Until invariably I try that double action trigger that would make an olympic weightlifter cringe. Then one day here's a commercial 32 cal Beretta model 35, '52 proof marks, in just barely worn enough condition to shoot without guilt. ( Bring up the background music to "Happy together" ).

Ah, so romantic, right? And an empty 3 pound coffee can actually holds 2 lbs. 4 ozs. of coffee when you buy it. Now the coffee's gone want to guess what it holds? 27 loaded HKS model 57 speedloaders - 41 magnum silvertips. The can sits next to my 3 4" (41 mag) fixed sight model 58 M&P's and a 4" (41 mag) adj. sight model 57.

I love my 32 but I grab the battle rifles, assault rifles, pistol caliber carbines, shotguns, and heavy caliber pistols first when I can.

P.S.: I'm not that into the 41 mag. New metallurgy, N frame, fixed sight M&P revolver, that I'm into. There's a firm that replaces the S&W adjustable sights with high profile pinned (?) single piece rear sights and a dovetailed front, different heights available and windage drift adjustable. Once sighted add tritiums, match those sights with their upgraded mechanism on the latest mod. 29s, and chamber for 45 acp/ar/super, dehorn, and let me have a half dozen to stash strategically. Elegant dream gun. I'd settle for half a dozen same run nice and tight model 10's in 38 regulated for 158LSWHP+P+.
Too late in evening, drifting in and out at the keyboard nite all

------------------
"They asked would I fight for my country; I answered the FBI, yea!
"I will point a gun for my country but, I won't guarantee you which way."
Woody Guthrie

[This message has been edited by Rusty S (edited June 01, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.02324 seconds with 8 queries