View Single Post
Old June 20, 2001, 07:50 PM   #11
VaughnT

I got talked to!!!

From a habit-forming standpoint, I think you are well-advised to draw your weapon whenever the opportunity presents itself. When off work, I dry-fire, present, etc just to form a muscle-memory that might one day save my bacon.

Where I run afoul is the idea that I did something wrong. Hearing the keys jingle in the door does in NO way imply that an authorized manager is about to enter. It only means that keys are jingling in the door. I can infer that, given the low crime rate in the area and no previous incidents, there is a very high probability that we are not going to have a problem. However, inference and assumption are two sides of the same coin. I don't work in fear of my life, and would probably quit as soon as I did. But that doesn't mean I should treat every situation as though it could be potentially deadly. That's what this whole board is about.

What really bites is being made a scapegoat to appease the customer. No less than 9 sections in our rulebook where it states "gun in hand" (Black-Letter Law), but I was wrong and have been "counseled and reprimanded".

And the woman who complained didn't just say that she was unnerved by my actions, I "pointed my gun at her face, w/ finger on the trigger, and uttered a terroristic threat!!! :barf:

Utter trash, but you can believe it didn't go over well with corporate. Hell hath no fury.....

Page generated in 0.03332 seconds with 8 queries