View Single Post
Old September 9, 2012, 11:21 AM   #7
FrosSsT

Quote:
Thanks. Mid rise rings huh?

How big were the objective lens on the scope (s) you mounted?

And which brand mount have you used?

Thanks for the input but a bit more is required so I can use your solution completely. The Objective I'm probably going to use is the largest one I listed, at 44mm or about half of it's total of 48 - 49mm is what I gotta address....

lastly, did you hang your objective rearward of the CX4 rear sights, or set it in between them?

Huge thanks.
The optics and scopes I've mounted on my CX4 were compact enough to fit between the "irons" (more like "plastics" if you ask me). I just tried mounting a full size 3-12x40 on it and I see your problem. I would not mount the optic's eyepiece behind the rear iron due to eye relief issues. If I were you I would nix the idea of a full size optic and go with a compact or an illuminated optic (like a red dot etc). The full size optics are going to require high rings that will also require an adjustable/raised cheek weld which I dont even think they make for the CX4. The CX4 is not (in any caliber) a gun that I'd put a high power scope on, because it is just not effective enough past 100 yards. (There are way better tools for that then the CX4) The storm was designed as a close range defensive carbine (not a sniper) and that is the thing you must consider the most.

Page generated in 0.03061 seconds with 8 queries