Thread: Hunting Hogs
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2009, 06:49 AM   #4
toolguyb

Birdshot, yes I was dissappointed to see that bait and dogs are not allowed. Twra says they really want you to kill them, made a point to write a big article this year in the regulations book, then don't allow you to use the best methods to harvest a hog. Rant over

Brent, I went monday and rode 4-wheeler trails and walked some. I was looking for sign (hog and deer) on this property lease I got in on. It is 5500 acres and my goal is to cover the property line and all trails. I am plotting all this on my gps so I can get a handle on where the wildlife will run to when pressured. Nearly every trail has hog tracks. Some places look like they put their nose down and plowed along the trailside. I found one area that was kind of swampy and it had alot of sign (tracks and rooting). I have not seen a waller yet though. There is a large creek that runs through the bottom with mountain on one side and field of grass on the other side. The field has spots that have been rooted. I was planning on sitting in a blind over this field this evening. Also about 200 yds or so up the mountain side is where the swampy area with the sign is. Does this sound like a ok plan? Would I be better off to sit over the sign on the mountain(would not have a lot of visibility)?

Thank for your help
brett

Page generated in 0.02300 seconds with 8 queries