View Single Post
Old June 9, 2021, 11:50 PM   #43
Metal god

Infringe

I think there's a part of the 2nd amendment people forget . That is , how the words work together especially in law and contracts . It's been my understanding since I first started writing proposals/contracts for construction work . When you use the word "shall" in a sentence , anything proceeding it must be done or not done with out exception . There is literally no wiggle room if I write in a contract " I shall remove all trees on the property " I must remove all trees regardless . If I were to write I "will" remove all trees , that does not hold the same legal weight . At least that's what I was told 30 years ago by a contractor who had been writing contracts and proposals for decades .

Anyways , my point is that you can't just look at one word in a document and dissect it as if it's the only thing relevant in the document . It all matters especially the words preceding it , They put context to the the meaning of the sentience and word in question .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; June 10, 2021 at 11:12 AM.

Page generated in 0.03730 seconds with 8 queries