View Single Post
Old August 19, 2017, 11:34 PM   #17
bamaranger

Big believer in .22 practice, especially in the off season. Plus, I just plain like to shoot. I'm fortunate in that I can shoot here at our place, though I do not shoot much centerfire rifle or handgun here at the house so as to limit noise with dogs/family.

There was a point in time when I was shooting .22 rifle nearly daily. I'd read somewhere that ol'Finn Aagard said he shot a 77/22 10 rds daily or tried to, and I thought that was pretty good advice. Then the ammo crunch hit and I limited my .22 shooting. Now that things seem back on track, I'm shooting more .22 again. But not daily, more like once a week lately.

We've got a cowbell target out at 100 yds. We also set out a flipper type target at 50yd, where the scoped rifle is zeroed "on". I've got a 44US zeroed on at 100 with the peeps, and the cowbell was a demanding target, but my creeky hips/knees don't let me get into a good seated position anymore, nor do I see the front sight as well as I used too. The scoped .22 is a 77/22 stainless, which has been a real workhorse and a delight to shoot and own. We've worked out how to hit the cowbell with the top of the picket post in the duplex scope, by adjusting the power to where we can hold the tip of the post "on". We shoot from a leaning rest on an old oak, offhand, and seated, depending on the mood and motivation. Bamaboy is consistently out shooting me these days.

Regards that cowbell target, it's the commercial one you see in the stores, and its a hoot. If you like to shoot .22, you need to get one.

Page generated in 0.02552 seconds with 8 queries