View Single Post
Old August 11, 2017, 11:23 PM   #4
weblance

I have nothing to compare it to, and have no previous experience with lever actions, but I have a brand new Marlin 1894 in 44 Magnum. I've owned it 6 weeks and have 250 rounds through it. It has functioned perfectly, the sights were adjusted well for windage, the elevation needed two clicks up. I can shoot a 1.5" group at 50 yards with the open sights. The metal shines, and the wood is nicely finished. The metal to wood fit is good, the checkering is decent, not as sharp as I have on other guns, but there are no missing points, and the lines are straight. The wood is typical Marlin, again decent, but not super dark or rich. The American Walnut has some figure, and the grain is interesting. The two pieces match color perfectly.

It has a slightly heavy trigger, but its clean and crisp. I would rather have a trigger like this, than a light, mushy trigger with creep. The hammer and trigger have sharp edges.

I would give this rifle a 9 out of 10. I see nothing that would indicate this gun wont be around for a long time. Nothing is cheaply made. I think its a great deal for the money. I'm proud to own it.

Page generated in 0.03695 seconds with 8 queries