View Single Post
Old April 21, 2017, 09:27 AM   #11
darkgael

capability

Quote:
you need a pistol that will hold at least 1.5" groups at 25 yards,
I am going to go a bit further with that idea.
The big matches - three guns, 2700 points (270 shots) - tend to be shot outdoors (though I just shot one indoors). That means that the slowfire stages will be shot at 50 yards - Serious competitors are shooting for Xs. That ring is 1.7" diameter. That is what the gun should shoot ideally.
The current national records for 20 shots SF at 50 yards are very similar regardless of the caliber of the gun:
.22RF = 200 -12X
CF = 200 -10X
.45 = 200 - 11X
The 10 ring is 3.3" in diameter.

Note: the International Pistol 50 yard target (B-19) has a 10 ring that is 1.78" wide, essentially the same size as the X-ring on the NRA B-6 50 yard target. The current NR for this event (Free Pistol/Precision Pistol) is held by the late Don Nygord at 574/600....so most of his shots were in the ten ring. Would have been Xs on the B6 target.
Shot with very specialized pistols. Iron sights only. 22RF only.
One can shoot the match with any safe .22RF pistol..single loading only. I have a friend - an NRA Master class/CMP distinguished shooter - who used his High Standard for these matches. His scores were typically 530 to 540.

Note: about shooting glasses. You need only have one lens that will focus on the front sight. Clear focus on the target is unnecessary. Focus on both at the same time is optically impossible. Many shooters, maybe even most, will occlude the non-aiming eye.

Last edited by darkgael; April 21, 2017 at 11:50 AM.

Page generated in 0.02688 seconds with 8 queries