View Single Post
Old January 29, 2014, 09:15 AM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

Leupold Rings question...

so... I've been redoing some scopes on my rifles, & in doing so, I've bought 3 new sets of Leopold rings & bases, from Cabelas... Cabelas doesn't always have the best prices, but I noticed that these rings have the Leupold logo stamped / engraved into the top of them, & none of my other Leupold rings do... one set is new, but plain, that I bought from another place... perhaps it was older stock, & all their new rings have the logo ???

anyone know, if they are making 2 grades of their standard rings ??? one for higher end retailers, that have the logo, & a cheaper set, that are plain for cheaper retailers, or if all their new production have the logo ???

normally I wouldn't care, but 2 of the rifles I'm scoping up are my new JOC tribute Winchester 70, & a Remmy 700, 100th anniversary of the 30-06, so I'm happy to have the Leupold logo rings on those since both will wear Leupold scopes, but some of the other rifles will wear other brands of glass, so the logo doesn't do anything for me, & in fact, I might prefer a plain top to my rings, if they have a Burris, Nikon or other scope...

thoughts ???

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; January 29, 2014 at 10:05 AM.

Page generated in 0.03701 seconds with 8 queries