View Single Post
Old February 1, 2011, 10:12 AM   #1
Kimio

Questions regarding keeping a steady aim

I am new to the world of shooting and marksmanship, and have a few questions on proper posture and handleing of my rifle to maximize my accuracy.

Currently I am practicing with an M91/30 Mosin Nagant, and most of my shots thus far have been from a supported seated position. I don't do too bad while seated, but standing is another thing all together. Keeping my irons steady is difficult at best, and I find that I struggle with the weight of the rifle since my left arm tends to tire out rather quickly. I am by no means large in stature, being only 5'3" and I feel if I were to shift the way I shoot, I'll be able to gain better accuracy.

Ive tried experimenting with the idea from spreading my feet farther apart to have a more stable footing (keeping one foot forward and the other towards the rear while leaning into the rifle), as well as shifting my body forward and tightening the stock to my shoulder to moving my hand a little further forward to try and distribute the weight more (this didn't really make any).

I usually try target practice from standing position at 50 yards, the furthest being 100 from a seated position. This also an outdoor range that I am practicing at if that makes any difference, I can't imagine it would.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Page generated in 0.03282 seconds with 8 queries