View Single Post
Old September 25, 2010, 05:31 AM   #4
MLeake

Probably the vast majority of us...

... have not been in direct firefights, and will never be in one.

Hopefully, that remains true. Odds are that it will. If the only opinions sought are those of people who have been there, done that, then OP's should so specify when they start up a new thread.

Even so, odds are good that there are a significant number of veterans among TFL members. Odds are also good that non-veterans have had some stressful situations forced upon them, and may have some idea how they handle stress.

There may be a bunch of Walter Mitty types online, too - that's an ever-present risk in the online world. But even they might be able to offer intelligent, if vicarious, insights.

The cynical part of me agrees with Uncle Buck. The practical side of me wishes we had some sort of local TFL social events - for instance, a range day. We could find out pretty quickly who can actually shoot worth a darn; some of us could also test or demo theories and tactics discussed in other threads. (I'd be quite happy to get together with WC145 and others, so we could try retention drills and such. Not sniping at WC145, I actually think he'd have some worthwhile things to show me.)

I personally know at least one of the mods; think I'll ask him if TFL ever hosts this kind of thing.

Cheers,

M

Page generated in 0.03349 seconds with 8 queries