View Single Post
Old August 20, 2009, 09:49 AM   #278
Homerboy

Never has the phrase "shooting yourself in the foot" been more appropriate. The people who post on these forums are a small percentage of gun owners, and an even smaller percentage of American's. The fact is that people ARE alarmed at a person walking around with an AR over his shoulder (or any other gun visibily displayed, when it's ONLY purpose is to make a statement). Nobody would be upset if the news was covering the opening of duck season and everyone had a rifle slung over their shoulder because it is appropriate for the time and place.

And not EVERY gun owner is entirely mentally stable. There's a guy I see at my range all the time. He's a Vietnam vet. He screams obscenities at the targets as he's shooting them, like "take that you slant eyed bastards", and "two to the chest, one to the head! See you in hell Charlie", etc. he refuses to wear eye and ear protection because "I'm not going to put them on when i have to light someone up for real!". The guy is nuts. I can see him standing at one of these rallies with his M1 carbine over his shoulder.

This is going to explode in our faces. People like this are no friends of mine. Every one of my friends has asked me how I feel about this guy and if I would take my AR to a rally. The answer is a resounding NO.

I think these people are idiots. The "Tree of liberty" sign is just icing on the cake. That, along with the presence of the gun, worn with maximum Rambo fashion in the mall ninja thigh rig, clearly stated what he meant to say. Of course he's not going to admit to that when he's interviewed.

Last edited by Homerboy; August 20, 2009 at 10:07 AM.

Page generated in 0.04361 seconds with 8 queries