View Single Post
Old May 22, 2019, 02:45 PM   #7
Rangerrich99

Whatever. I edited the OP and eliminated that sentence since it seems to be causing some confusion.

Look, imagine you're at the range and next to you is the typical range visitor, shooting that shotgun pattern-sized group that appears to be centered on the target's spleen or hip pocket or shoulder. A bad shotgun pattern that looks like it was shot from an oblique angle because there's several shots that are well wide of the rest of the group.

Now get rid of the outliers and shrink the group to the size of a dinner plate (essentially removing the shots at the very edges). Or an 8-inch circle. And then move the plate to the center of the target.

Whatever you want to call that.

The two points I was trying to make: I observed nearly a dozen relatively inexperienced shooters all shoot approximately 8-inch circle-shaped groups (as opposed to oblong shotgun pattern they usually shot). 2nd, that all of these novice shooters grouped their shots over the center mass area on their targets (as opposed to centered on the invisible parrot on the target's shoulder or whatever).

Just think about that for a second. If you can't see the value of that, then disregard everything in the thread.

Page generated in 0.03234 seconds with 8 queries