View Single Post
Old October 1, 2006, 12:19 PM   #21
Para Bellum

roy reali: tough guys!

roy reali:

Quote:
A .30-30 for home defense?

You all must have some real tough criminals were you live. Around here they will usually fall to much smaller rounds. I guess we have the sissy bad guys around here.
I understand that you haven't been a vitctim of violent crime yet. I envy you for that luck. The last freak that struck my office was 27 years old, 5'11", 170# and on SPEED. He stabbed my colleague in the head with a folding knife over and over until the knife's joint broke. Is that tough enough?

That was caught after several days. He is likely to be released from his mental institution soon since he has been there for two years now. The poor man is so insane that our legal system forbids to keep him in prison. He kept contacting us form his cell. So we have to prepare for his second attack while the legal system waits and watches.

So, I want a long gun to stop him in his tracks as soon as he makes it trough our door (we would not let him in voluntarily). Unfortunately that's no fictitious scenario. So what would you pick if you hat to stop a poor insane fellow human being that just broke through your door on speed charging at you with a knife? .223, .308, .30-30, and 12ga (12/70) are what I think of. But I don't know which of these gave us the highest chances to avoid being stabbed (again).

Keep in mind that we are preparing for a quick and strong young man who is on speed, therefore doesn't react to pain or the display of guns etc, wields at least a knife and is 5-5yds away from you. Whatever you have should stop him fast.

Page generated in 0.04461 seconds with 8 queries