View Single Post
Old May 21, 2019, 12:24 PM   #16
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
A perfect example of what can happen to a country once they join something that was intended to be nothing more than an economic union. Over-reach at its worst!
Oh, I don't know about it being "over-reach". Everything is tied to economics, whether it is sold, or not. Check out our "commerce clause" in the US, and how it is interpreted and enforced. I, personally think its wrong, but I am only a "pawn in game of life"...

People are part of economics too. From what I hear, that is part of some nations biggest objections to the EU. They apparently don't much care for the "masters" in Brussels (or wherever..) telling them how many people from other places they have to allow into their countries, (to work, of course...)

So, I don't know if "over-reach" is the correct term, if you give then the power, and they use it, it may be more than we expected, it may be more than we were promised, (and being naïve enough to expect them to be honest about it) but is it really "over-reach", if they have the legal authority to do it?

Page generated in 0.02836 seconds with 8 queries