View Single Post
Old September 28, 2022, 03:25 PM   #48
Double Naught Spy

shafter, you are making an interesting point, even if you don't know it. I think we will see more and more of this. Things were supposed to have changed since Columbine and a LOT of officers have been VERY proactive in seeking and stopping/destroying active shooters. Then we have the 'fraidy cops. I don't have a nicer way to say that.

In the case of Uvalde and King Soopers in Colorado, you had cops make entry fairly quickly, got their noses bloodied (at King Soopers, one was killed) and apparently that was the one and only trick they knew and after that, it was surround and contain the premises, wait for backup, and to hell with anyone inside. It was like they tried one thing and then were just all out of ideas of what to do to help anybody inside.

At Parkland, there was a highly trained and decorated SRO on premises at the time the shooting started. He responded across campus, but made zero attempt to engage and remained outside of the involved building. He, like the officers at Uvalde, actively worked to keep other officers from attempting to make entry or otherwise engage the shooter.

For crying out loud, if you won't do your job, then please don't stop other people from doing theirs.

Page generated in 0.02742 seconds with 8 queries