View Single Post
Old March 16, 2009, 01:30 AM   #15
Sevens

I'm not aware of carbide sizing dies for bottle neck rifle rounds. Lee does call some of their FCD's (Factory Crimp Die) carbide FCD's.

For the two .30 cals you intend to load for, you might be interested in Lee's Collet Neck-only sizing die. You can buy it separate from the die set, or it comes as one of the dies in on of their sets... the name of which I don't recall, but they will tell you up front that it includes the collet neck die.

This die will re-size only the neck, which is a neat idea IF -- and only IF, you are shooting the reloads in the same rifle from which they were fired. And, if that rifle is a bolt action or a single shot.

Because the brass is fire formed to your chamber, you can resize only the case mouth which not only makes resizing quicker, but you don't have to use any lube, you don't need near as much physical work as full length sizing, and it extends the life of the brass.

For .30/30 if it's a lever gun, may not make good, easy-to-chamber ammo. For a .30-06 bolt gun, it'll make great ammo.

Page generated in 0.03428 seconds with 8 queries