View Single Post
Old June 14, 2014, 07:10 PM   #13
veamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTCobra306 View Post
If I am remembering correctly, that mount will not work on his early type rear sight, with his sight removed there won't be anything for the S&K to mount to on the rear. The little "ears" on either side are not there as they are with the later model non ranch rifle sight. If they were there, it would be a great choice, my Dad has something similar on his Mini and it works very well.

Don't wrap yourself up in terms like "Co-Witness". It isn't feasible to do so with the lower height of the sights on a Mini-14 so dont' worry about it. Get a good quality red dot (I highly recommend Aimpoint products, they're very hard to break), and be worry free

If you want a magnified optic, go to a store that has a lot of them in stock and look through them, there are so many varieties of reticles and options that it can make your mind spin. A good starting point for a Mini would be a Nikon P-223 scope.

If I had your mini, I would look hard at the B-square mount with a Nikon scope, I think you'd be happy with it. I would personally avoid any major changes to that particular rifle, the early mini's with that particular folding stock are fairly rare, and it looks like yours in in pretty good shape

Yea, my dad has had it in his safe for about 20 years, and hasn't been fired in at least 10. Now that I'm not renting an apartment or house and finally have somewhere I can put a safe, I've been slowly moving my toys. When you say "rare", how rare do you mean? I don't want to tinker too much, just make it a little more usable. I've read about adding an Accustrut too, since minis have/had the reputation for not being accurate, but I'll wait until I add a scope and take it out to the range a few times first.

I don't mind scopes, I just seem to be better with irons on my rifles, it seems to take a little too long to acquire through a scope, I always keep over correcting.

Page generated in 0.02681 seconds with 8 queries