View Single Post
Old November 24, 2011, 12:35 PM   #5
Onward Allusion

Don't go to your car because it takes precious seconds to unlock and get it - if they are that close. Whether or not you are carrying, get to a brightly lite area with other folks around. This is the easy answer.

If you can't get to a safe are, then it gets gray fast depending on whether or not you are carrying a gun or another weapon.

If you can't get to a safe place and you are carrying and have no choice, draw turn around but don't point the weapon at them yet. If they continue to approach, tell 'em to get F away from you. Point and shoot if they continue.

If you have another weapon but not a gun, have your wife get away and buy her some time. If she is able to fight have her assist. If you don't have a weapon, use your car keys or anything else you can locate around you. If it is absolutely a threat and you can't get away, make an attack. A lot of BGs will not expect that from a potential victim. They are basically cowards who target prey they perceived as weak.

The thing is - I personally never leave the house w/o a gun or knife and pepper spray. I feel that EVERYONE should do the same. This is 100x true if you have loved ones with you. An old mentor once said to me that a man is at his weakest (most vulnerable) when he is with his family (loved ones); Heh, he was one wise man...

Page generated in 0.02780 seconds with 8 queries