View Single Post
Old September 14, 2011, 10:50 PM   #10
Ideal Tool

Hello, guys. Well you jogged the o'l memory bank..And SID..That C.W. fact is what got me experimenting. I was still in high school, I had made a little .22single cavity bullet mould for my reloaded rimfires (that is another story!). I took this little 40gr. bullet & chucked it up in a bench lathe collet. Using a drill that was a press fit for a #4 lead shot, I drilled as deep as I dared. This cavity was filled with powder from those plastic toy caps & shot pressed in..I shudder today when thinking how I crammed as much of that powder I could in there & pressed that shot in place..I had a miniature bomb in front of my face!
I used to get back 50 to 100yds & fire these into a stack of 2x4 blocks. The first block would always be penetrated, They never made it out of the
2nd. Spliting block open, there would be a blackened walnut sized cavity filled with tiny lead shards & a flattened bullet base.
I always wanted to shoot one of these into a gasoline can..but figured that dad would give me hell! They were pretty impressive when fired against an iron plate at dusk!
Now please guys..don't go trying this stunt..I was mighty lucky that thing didn't go off cramming that powder & shot in there!

Page generated in 0.03491 seconds with 8 queries