Thread: Dogs!
View Single Post
Old January 18, 2011, 04:56 PM   #30
Deerhunter

Quote:
my opinion is based largely on statistics and personal experience when i've taken my dog to the dog park. the largest percentage of human fatalities by dog attacks are by pit bulls. I mean, they're fighting dogs who are bred to maim and kill,
See this is where I have a problem though. You always hear about the PB that bit/killed someone. Why because there are people out there that breed them to fight. Not all of them are bred to fight. There are people out there that buy them and teach them to fight, not everyone that owns a PB trains it to fight. How often do you hear about all the PBs that are owned and never hurt anyone. I can tell you it isn't cause they don't exist. Now just in case someone reads my other post about this PB being 1/2 lab, I had a neighbor growing up that had a pure bred PB and that dog was awesome. He was very well mannered, until another dog would come running up off its lease being aggressive toward it. My neighbor always had that dog on a leash.

Both my neighbor and my friends have had issues though. People let their dogs off their leash to run around. The dog comes running up to their PBs (that are on their leashes) and attack their dog. So what do they do.....They have to let their dog defend itself. Then the owner of the dog that wasn't on the leash gets upset when their dog gets its you know what handed to it. They claim the dog is violent for no other reason than it is a PB. I am sorry to hear about people being attacked by PB or any other large dog. I myself have been bitten by a couple dogs. Each time it wasn't a big mean nasty fighting PB or Rot...it was a worthless ankle biting dog.

Page generated in 0.02012 seconds with 8 queries