View Single Post
Old October 25, 2010, 10:12 PM   #25
.300 Weatherby Mag

Quote:
All of today's gun MFG's have QC and Production problems.It is just what happens in today's-I want it now,and as cheap as I can get it world.

The big retailers have made it impossible for mfg's to be able to put quality workmanship in their products anymore,and still make profits.So the mfg's find ways to cut corners/cost by making guns faster and cheaper than the ones made decades ago.

I had the Savage Custom Shop build me a 110FLP 25/06 Tactical rifle late last year.It cost me about $200 more than a cataloged 110FLP because it had been discontinued a couple years back,but they had some barrels still in stock.
It was a copper mine,the barrel looked like a wash board inside with tooling marks.How do these things get over looked by QC ?
I decided not to send it back to Savage,and just deal with it myself.It took several months of hand lapping,cleaning,shooting,etc.,but I finally got it where it would shoot great,and now it will shoot just about any bullet weight.

For the time and money I have in this gun,I could have built a custom rifle myself,cheaper.
Live and Learn!

I'm not bashing Savage,I have several of their products,and this was my first to be a lemon.

I hope Remington will make good on your guns,but don't hold your breath.
Tx,

In January, I bought a BDL manufactured in 1979, chambered in 7mm Express Remington... If the rifle had more than a box of shells through it I would be surprised.. If my CDL was anywhere near the quality of my old BDL, we wouldn't be having this converstation..

Page generated in 0.02977 seconds with 8 queries