View Single Post
Old August 26, 2010, 11:14 AM   #10
booker_t

I suggest you get on their website and check it out.. they have a ton of information.

Dr. Ignatius Piazza, while I have never met him personally, is a very dynamic, intelligent guy. He has a strong vision for the FrontSight Institute. He is a fierce defender of the Constitution and (of course) the 2nd Amendment and right to bear arms. He has a strong tie to history, and firmly believes that the United States of America was founded on marksmanship, going back to the 18th century Minutemen and Colonial Army that won independence from the British. edit: and he has a kickin' 'stache.

The FrontSight business model is, as others have pointed out, "in your face." It's aggressive; they want you to be involved, to participate, to contribute monetarily and otherwise. FrontSight is pushing a side of the gun-rights lobby that Dr. Piazza feels the NRA has neglected, and that is (I hope I get this right) safety, dedication to marksmanship, culture, and comradery. Rather than just push the NRA top-down approach, he is trying to create grassroot support by creating a culture in America that has a positive view of firearms for sport and defense, both personal and national. He rejects the NRA position/defense that firearms are primarily for sport. He wants to acknowledge what firearms are and take it head-on.

Part of that is significant email communication, which can be unsubscribed in about three mouse clicks, or use a junk email address that you only check once every few months (or never). If you want to hear this from the man himself, get on the website and request a copy of their DVD; it's free and fairly well made, you'll get a good overview of what FrontSight is all about.

To the OP's question, the training is high quality, their instructors are professional and experienced. They do training for civilians, youth, police & military, celebrities & public figures. Any level of experience. As another posted said, sit tight and wait for the right deal to come along, then take advantage of what FrontSight has to offer. In the long run, remember that you get out of training as much as you put in.

Hope it helps and stay safe!

Last edited by booker_t; August 26, 2010 at 11:23 AM.

Page generated in 0.02280 seconds with 8 queries