View Single Post
Old August 9, 2010, 11:36 AM   #3
rantingredneck

Quote:
I don't want to hijack this thread. Is there a thread on this forum explaining why I would bother spending alot of money on an Optic just to have it blocked by my front ron sight. Maybe it's just me, but I just don't see the point.
In case of optic failure you can immediately transition to the iron sights visible through the optic itself. Typically you look for either a lower 1/3 co-witness (meaning the irons are visible in the lower 1/3 of the FOV of the red dot) or a true co-witness where they are together.

In the case of my AR-15, I have a Trijicon reflex on it mounted on a cantelever mount out in front of the carry handle. I can use the reflex with my head up and not see the sights at all, or I can put my nose to the charging handle and use the irons through the optic should it fail. It's a true cowitness in that using the irons, the illuminated dot sits right on top of the front sight post.

Hoping that this new mount from PA gives me a lower 1/3 co-witness on this 10/22.

Oh, and I got an email from PA moments ago informing me that I have a package on the way. True to their word.......

PCCA Member (What's PCCA you ask? <- Check the link)

Page generated in 0.02605 seconds with 8 queries