View Single Post
Old January 8, 2008, 11:36 PM   #29
evan1293

Quote:
There is a season for all things: slow aimed fire, "point" shooting, surgical speed shooting, running, etc. Those who do not see this remind me of the karate do guys some time ago pronouncing their system as being "the best" only to have their arses handed to them by non-martial artists. Same thing happened when UFC first came popular. Open your minds or get knocked out of same...

I agree fully. I think that its important to have as many tools in one's defensive toolbox as possible, and to train in the ability to utilize the best tool at the right time. No one system in fighting or shooting is the end all. As far as shooting goes, Im finding that it works well to have a default shooting platform or system; for me thats CAR. I'm able to effectively use CAR for most of what Im likely to face. If Im shooting out at 15 yards+ however, I may punch out to mod iso. Sometimes I shoot a mix between CAR / weaver at intermediate distances. This seems to work well in that it allows me to make use of the advantage that one platform would give me over another in a given situation. All of these systems / stances are a means to an end...the end being putting rounds on target as quickly and as accurately as possible. When I hear commments like, "fast enough" that makes me laugh. What exactly is fast enough? If my life was in danger fast enough would be as fast as humanly possible. If I consider myself to shoot "fast enough" or do anything good enough that is equivalent to saying I don't need to improve at all. And guess what, you won't. You'll never get any better than you are at that moment. I don't want to spend any of my precious time or hard earned money on an activity that I won't improve at. When it comes to this activity of defensive shooting, which may work to help save the lives of myself and loved ones, you bet I want to get as good as I possibly can.

Page generated in 0.02711 seconds with 8 queries