View Single Post
Old August 28, 2005, 12:56 PM   #45
Cato

I own a Remington 870, AUG-Z and OA15A-M4 and have had training by TacticalResponse- and I say, go with the 5.56.

The 5.56 beats the shotgun in terms of one handed operation, shot to shot speed, hit probability, recoil, ballistic vest penetration, mag capacity, reloading speed. With 75gr. TAP ammo, it is not far behind the shotgun in terms of wound ballistics.
The M4 may has an edge in mag change speed, ergonomics and when shooting from the wrong shoulder (left barricade shooting), but the AUG-Z has an edge due to its compactness. I had the barrel cut back to 16" and re-profiled. Now that is a CQB package, which still has power to reach out to 150m.

Envision yourself coming home and being attacked on your entrance into your home. You wrestle with the bad guy and your wife/girlfriend comes to your aid. Would you rather outfit her with a shotgun or AUG/M4?

Envision yourself walking up to a noise and having to gather your children in a safe room. Would you rather have the cumbersome, heavy, two hand operated shotgun or an AUG?

Yes, noise & blast is a problem, but when one avoids a muzzle break and stores electronic hearing pro nearby, it can be overcome.

The only bad thing is that weapon mounted flashlights aren't allowed here.

Page generated in 0.03878 seconds with 8 queries