Thread: Buying a safe.
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2005, 10:34 PM   #2
bclark1

that is a very cool and discrete safe. i'm actually going through all this myself too. i ended up just going to outdoor world and getting a redhead 11/22 safe. it was the least expensive ($550) and lightest (<400lb) safe that was fire rated for the normal 1300deg/32min situation. 4-bolt too which isn't all that bad. it is anchorable but i think i might be moving around with it, if i can get the help i'd like to bring it down with me for my last semester at college, since i'm a member of a range down there anyway. right now it's just clogging the family garage, guns still all in my closet. if you have the money i would say that horizontal one is pretty snazzy though, it would draw far less attention than an obvious safe. if you distress the wood a little (tastefully) you might even be able to just have it panned off as an old family trunk rather than a new addition. not sure which would be less attractive to the curious, but at least you have the option. anyway, hope you figure it out and sorry i'm not much good yet. once i get mine set up i'll let you know what i think if you're still working on it.

Page generated in 0.02490 seconds with 8 queries