View Single Post
Old July 28, 2012, 11:07 PM   #25
PaulGL

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerboy View Post
I have a buckmark thats about reliable as any and it might be a great choice for a female or anyone really. I don't know of anyone especially myself who wants to stand there and take a 22 and keep standing afterwards. I'd be flouncing around like a fish. Anything is better than nothing.
Buck marks- some of my favorites as well- have both pistols and the somewhat elusive buck mark rifles as well.

Anyways... I LOL'd. I love when folks respond to criticism on a particular caliber or weapon with "well I wouldn't want to get shot with one" - well... Duh. I don't want to get shot with a bb gun- nor poked with a sharp stick, but that's doesn't mean either are good choices for CCW.

Anything is better than nothing? I agree. But that's a false choice here- there's no reason it's a .22 or nothing other than the guys wife said she prefers in to a 38 or 9mm....

Who knows what kind of .38 she tried and disliked.... Hell, there's .38's I've shot (full house SD loads from a air weight 642) that I hated! Id rather shoot a 10mm all day than that damn thing. Anyways- If that was my one and only exposure to a 38- I might think the caliber was too much as well. However, going to .22 is not the only alternative.

It's not even that .22's are inherently unreliable - its more a function of rimfire primers are inherently unreliable and thus the .22 ammo is a weak link..... In addition to the feeble stopping power of the round.

I'd strongly recommend you find, borrow or rent some other choices for her: a Ruger LCP or LCR might be just right.... Or even keltec P32 if you need to get lighter.....

Page generated in 0.02617 seconds with 8 queries