View Single Post
Old April 3, 2014, 06:30 AM   #21
Headgear

Thanks for all the info. Sorry I posted a thread and then was unavailable to respond for so long. I own a couple of small businesses that think they own me. I want to clarify that I am not dead set on finding a powder that would stop bulging my cases in the Shield. I was kind of hoping that a little slower powder coupled with loading it down a fuzz would help reduce or eliminate it, but it is not crucial. I like my shield for summertime carry and always want to train with the piece that I actually carry. That being said, I think the best way to cure the bulge is with any one of my favorite words: Sig, H&K, Walther, etc. I'll get another comparable sized carry gun that does not bulge cases.

A friend of mine who is an long time pistol reloader told me about Universal Clays quite a while ago and I got 16 pounds of it. That is running out now and just thought I would see if you guys thought that there was a powder that was more suited for 9'ers.

BTW, if you haven't already seen it, below is a picture of the bulge I have been referring to. Its kind of deceiving because per the reloading data and my chrony, these loads are not that hot. I guess it just goes to show that a faster powder can produce a quick pressure spike without necessarily getting a ton of velocity to show for it. The design of all of my other guns seem to be able to handle it but not this one.

Thanks again

Page generated in 0.03127 seconds with 8 queries