View Single Post
Old October 23, 2013, 04:52 PM   #41
Darker Loaf

Gun Problems:
1) Hi-Standard Duramatic Pistol .22 LR: Powder burns, split cases, cycling, accuracy issues (hit high about 12"), lose rear sight. SOLD to pawn shop. I did put 5,000+ rounds through this gun. Maybe more? Can't really say it was "out of box issues." Very much a used gun.
1.5) Beretta Neos: pins worked lose during firing. Rear sight move through its own volition. However, totally accurate (barring rear sight problem) and reliable with almost any ammunition. I put roughly 1,000 rounds through that gun, but it was a loner: not mine.
2) Browning Buck Mark: Slide stop lever came of during shooting (flew off the gun), broken "top cover" due to over tightening, broke front sight by dropping barrel when cleaning. I was pretty disappointed with these issues, but I worked through them and replaced all the parts or fixed them myself. I ended up selling it to a good friend in Alaska, but I regret the decision since my next .22 LR pistol was a total dud. I put perhaps close to 10,000 rounds through that gun. Shouldn't have sold it...
3) Sig Mosquito. I shouldn't have trusted the name. After my Buck Mark, I used pretty much exclusively round-nose CCI Minimags, which is what Sig recommended. Funny, the Buck Mark towards the end would run with just about anything, and still does. The Mosquito even came with a rebate for Minimags. However, Minimags did not make the gun run. Even trying both recoil springs, I'd get about 2-3 stoppages per mag. I quickly sold it. Regretfully, I had already invested in 1000 rounds of CCI Minimags. Man, I thought I was upgrading from my Buck Mark... how wrong I was.*
4) EAA Match Witness 10mm. 2-3 stoppages per mag. Sent it back into the factory for fixing/smithing with no positive result. SOLD.
5) Kahr CW9: Not really a huge problem, but it would only feed round nose FMJ. I sold it and bought a K9 Elite which can eat hollow points or meplats with the best of them.
6) Ruger 22/45 Lite: Trigger reset issues and stoppages. I sent it into VQ and had them replace all the guts. Now it runs fine. At this point, I was sick of dealing with factories.
7) Finally my current issue: my new SAM7-SF. Problems with the safety and/or top cover. Sent back into factory to address. Sent back from Arsenal with a new safety and the same problems.

*I called the Sig factory about the Mosquito, and they were like: it's CCI's fault. That's when I decided to sell the gun. Sig didn't offer to fix it or replace it. In the all the thousands of rounds of CCI Minimags I've shot, I've had only 2-3 failure to fire that I can remember.

Last edited by Darker Loaf; October 23, 2013 at 05:00 PM.

Page generated in 0.03437 seconds with 8 queries