View Single Post
Old March 17, 2013, 04:08 AM   #8
Theohazard

Quote:
Rem1187 posted
The Glock 26 seems like it would be the easiest to buy. However, I am one of those guys who thinks the glock system of having a safety on the trigger is extremely dumb and would much rather prefer carrying a gun that had a manual safety so that I could feel more comfortable carrying with a round in the chamber.
The Glock system of having a safety on the trigger is to help prevent negligent discharges due to something snagging the trigger. The Glock design removes almost all chances of the gun firing accidentally; a Glock fires only if the trigger is pulled. If you follow basic safety rules and keep your finger off the trigger you'll be fine.

On the other hand, a gun with a manual safety can cause people to be LESS safe; they rely on the manual safety and don't practice basic safety techniques like keeping their finger off the trigger.

I think the Shield is a very good gun in every way except for the safety; it's small and stiff and very hard to operate. So the most efficient way to carry it is off safe, but what if the safety becomes accidentally engaged while carrying?

You didn't mention the Walther PPS, but if you're considering the Shield the PPS should be on your radar too. The Shield's terrible manual safety is yet another reason I think the PPS is a far better gun in every way except for price.

Page generated in 0.03229 seconds with 8 queries