View Single Post
Old March 3, 2013, 10:18 AM   #4
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
The Good Old Days are Gone
The beauty of nostalgia is that things in the past always seem so much better than today. I would argue that your blog of a year ago was already AFTER things had gotten bad. My good old days preceded yours by several years and I am sure somebody else's preceded mine.

Of course, progress does not come without change. For the good old days to remain good today, there has to be change. Otherwise, everything gets really boring, drab, and seemingly pointless. Of course, change can be good or bad.

If you are living in the past, then you aren't looking to the future and you aren't doing enough to take advantage of the present. If you don't like how things are, then now is the time to be innovative to make now interesting enough to compete with then. Otherwise, in a few more years, you are going to have missed what was great about now because now will be good old days at some point in the future.

Page generated in 0.03622 seconds with 8 queries