View Single Post
Old March 1, 2013, 02:22 PM   #52
JimDandy

Quote:
i have to admit that i am surprised by the hostility, vehemence, and ignorance toward LEO's displayed in this thread
Heyjoe-

For most of us- obviously some of us DO have an anti-authority bias that goes beyond police but again for most of us- Its not the police we have a problem with, but the special treatment they're getting in legislation crafting.

I have zero problem with the goal of the LEOSA act for example. I have a problem with the principle of how they got there. If I were to challenge the law, and win, I'd even go so far as to ask the court to announce their verdict but somehow delay the application of the verdict for a reasonable period for the Congress to craft something constitutional that does the same thing- perhaps national reciprocity perhaps something else.

I can't think of a single special privilege- well official one anyway- law enforcement has BEYOND arms. Even the immunity from prosecution for committing crimes extends to civilians acting in concert with police forces in an undercover sting. Children buying tobacco or alcohol is just one example that leaps off the page at me.

Page generated in 0.02375 seconds with 8 queries