View Single Post
Old January 22, 2013, 12:33 AM   #5
TheFineLine

I zeroed it at 25. The peep made a real difference when I shot at the 100. It did shoot a little high. With the leaf I was averaging 5 moa. Using the new peep, with the sight radius nearly double, I was getting 3-4, as I was with the Bushnell TRS-25. I really like the TWS setup and the Bushnell held zero. I'm real happy with that since it's an underfolder. The longest range around here is 100 yards. I wish I knew some folks with land where I could try out some longer distances. I used the ballistics calculator on gundata and figured that I could do a 50/200 yard sight, or a 25/250. So I did the 25. You really see a drop in trajectory past 250-300 yards. If I ever needed it, it'd most likely be in CQB here in the city so I think the more powerful round a good fit for my needs. Now I'm looking for a good distance rifle. Probably a good bolt in 308 or 300w, or something like that. Doing my due diligence to figure what'll best fit THAT need.

Polish PMKMS kit, Green Mountain non-chromed barrel, Nodak Spud receiver, Texas Weapon System Dog Leg Rail, Bushnell TRS-25 Tapco G2 trigger, Polish bakelite grip, numbers matching bayonet, Polish sling, with a Tula Bakelite mag. I really like this setup. I've put about 2500 rounds thru it. Hasn't failed even once. Imagine that.

Page generated in 0.02133 seconds with 8 queries